Friday 6 September 2013

Spend a Penny

Apologies for not updating sooner, I've been in 'town' with Sharkboy for a few days enjoying sun, sea, cocktails and a little distance away from Shutter Island.  He's starting his IDC this week, under circumstances that while I may not agree with, I have agreed to support, and I can only hope that he has sense enough to make the most of them.  When we pay for something, I am of the opinion that we should take the opportunity to learn with our money, not to waste the chances given to us.  Failing that, and at the risk of sounding like my mother, I promise not to be angry...just disappointed.  On with the show:

Week Five in Utila - Doesn't Time Fly

Wow, only 3 weeks left, can't believe how quickly this is going, time really does fly when you're having fun!!

Well, the good news is that as of this morning I will be a Divemaster, and then I start my full Instructor course tomorrow afternoon!  The Rescue course went well, got to drown lots of fat people, which was nice, and a couple of them have decided to stay on and do their DM, so I get to boss them around again when I'm an Instructor (not that I'm doing this for the power or anything.....).

I've also been helping out on various Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses, which are fun, but not quite as agressive as the Rescue! They are mostly just good for getting your dives up. I need 60 to qualify for my DM and I'm on 57 at the moment, so will be diving this afternoon and tomorrow morning which will get me another 4 or 8 depending on how I plan it out.



I moved from the Mansion a couple of days ago and have moved into a 2-bed apartment directly opposite the Dive Centre, so it now takes me the grand total of 15 seconds to walk to work, and I still manage to be late! I've moved in with Beccy, one of the rotational DM's here at UDC, who is also going on to do her IDC with me tomorrow. She's lovely! The flat is great and very quiet, air conditioning, 2 double bedrooms, power shower (very rare on the island), open plan kitchen, dining and living (with a TV, YES!!), and a balcony that looks out onto the Mangroves, all for $200 a month, which is nice....

Sunjam, the big island music festival was this weekend, but those of us that had to work stayed and had a big bbq, only to be told that we were being roped in to clean the dive shop - fantastic!! We ended up on our hands and knees in bikinis scrubbing steps and mats, so lots of photos were being taken!! All good fun though, and we were pissed, which helped!

Well, that's all my news really, am still ridiculously busy, but moving so close to the centre has really helped. A few of us went out last night to celebrate me finishing my DM, and I ended going home at 9.30am coz I'm such a wuss!!


Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/adventuresofadivinginstructor

No comments:

Post a Comment